This week I have short updates on several topics.
- There is an update available for the IBM i Access Client Solutions (ACS) product. You will find the latest information on the ACS Web page. A key update is an enhancement to the Windows installation script to make it easier for administrators to customize and deploy an installation.
- Related to the enhanced Windows installation script, there is a new article on the IBM i developer site, “IBM i Access Client Solutions: Customization and Deployment Made Easy.” This article provides details about three simple and useful ways to deploy IBM i Access Client Solutions. A new wizard is included in the October 2015 update, which will assist in customization and deployment.
If you want to become familiar with your deployment options and instructions on how to accomplish the customizations, this article is an excellent resource.
- The next update of ACS will be in December of this year. It is in that upcoming update when Run SQL Scripts and the SQL Performance Center will be available in ACS.
- You can now download the ACS update from directly from the FTP site and no longer have to go out to the ESS site. See the ACS web page for more information.
- Finally, and on a different topic, the IBM i Performance Frequently Asked Questions has a new version available. The IBM i Performance FAQ is an important document and essentially replaces the information that used to be in the IBM i Performance Capabilities Reference Manual.
(Note – if you had previously downloaded a prior version, you may need to clear your browser cache to see the new version).
This blog post was edited to fix broken links on April 15, 2020.
This blog post was originally published on IBMSystemsMag.com and is reproduced here by permission of IBM Systems Media.